I have composed works for the stage, stand-alone songs, and songs for other, non-musical works, such as a novel and a screenplay.
My music composition style is rooted in Broadway, with operatic leanings and hints of jazz, Irish, Middle Eastern, and other cultural flavors. I call my musical stage works’ compositional style, “Broadpera”, and I write stand-alone songs in styles ranging from voice/piano or small combo to multi-layered symphonic rock.
- WITCHCRAZE, a two-act musical set during the 1692 Salem witch trials, explores women’s rights, basic freedoms, and tolerance for those who are “different”;
- TWO HEARTS is a one-act opera that deals with LGBT issues and the complexity of being accepted as a bisexual within the LGBT community;
- FEMALE O, a concerto for orchestra that is a musical exploration of a woman’s journey through orgasm.
- HERSTORY is a musical for children that highlights various women who affected world events but many are never mentioned in Western-centric, Euro-centric his-story books;
- VOICES ON THE WIND tackles issues faced by American Indians on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota (VOTW is a screenplay for which Trish composed several songs);
- VOCALISES 1.0 is a vocal warm-up CD for trained and experienced singers that replaces the boring scales of yesteryear;
- AWAKENING is a meditation track that can also be used with Causey’s online Tantra Yoga course, AWESOM(TM).
Here are sample scores from a few of my music works. To hear the music, play the corresponding YouTube video in the playlist below.
|WITCHCRAZE - Act II: Finale Ultimo|
|WITCHCRAZE - Act II: Soaring|
|FEMALE O ~ 1. Opening|
|HERSTORY - Women In Combat|
|REQUIEM FOR JUDAS & MARY M. - Introit|